FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Ikarus mod 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277792 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

kushalmattio wrote:
He is busy bro with his study and exams.

This could be anyone!

@pinkshit: You can see what DJBOZKOSZ said in the Boz Mod Topic

Nice to hear from you again my friend.

Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Smile I am very happy.
Good news is, the case of the cylinder rotation Jorns our friend also try to help.
The tutotrial aim is that, regardless of the language to be understood from the use of the mod. I have received many emails after the 2.0 release was because they could not use it properly, despite was described in readme how the control is. So then now you can see all in one place and could try those in the tutorial.
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Hi!

It's time to post because we have some new things. We've redesigned the whole bus route at countryside because we made a lot of new environment on the map so you can see it when you driving the bus. On the other side of the hand, Neutral made a new place where you can enjoy the destruction by throwing grenades etc... Twisted
Now the only one thing left and that is the railway route script. If it's done we have to put into night. So stay tune, the mod is under progress.
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Bad news... Confused

Yesterday I was at my friend and tried out IK MOD 3.0 on his "new" pc.
Spec:
NVIDIA 2GB card, a decent 4 core CPU, 4GB RAM, so it's not a lowcost pc.
Many games are cool but IK MOD 3.0 has some problems. The countryside works proper (all graphics option are set to high in setup.exe and ingame too)but the city throw us out in the middle of the loading.
I've uninstalled shader water mod and it started to work, but after 10 min the game crashes again plus sometimes I cannot load the game but after the second attempt it works again. I've tried out many things but no luck. I'm getting nervous because the mod is almost finish and the release date is coming but there isn't any safe thing wich tells that the mod can run on every machine.
But otherwise IK mod 3.0 (iMac with Bootcamp XP 32bit) works 100% correct without freezes so I can enjoy the mod all the time but it's not enough
OFF:

Mr. Robville I would like to ask you something because your Titanic Mod is so huge (i mean models,the scenery,scripts etc...)Have you got any idea for this? Sad
Maybe we should change our Skype name and make phone calls because this problem is getting so serious
vapno92

598 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

It may be caused by using Windows 8...
Mafia is well optimized for Windows XP and older. Also on Windows 7, there are several problems with bigger mods.
Photek

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

This may seem obvious and herpderp, but did you try running it in compability mode for Windows XP SP2?

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio (1911-1995)
Mr Robville

255861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

pinkshit wrote:
Bad news... Confused

Yesterday I was at my friend and tried out IK MOD 3.0 on his "new" pc.
Spec:
NVIDIA 2GB card, a decent 4 core CPU, 4GB RAM, so it's not a lowcost pc.
Many games are cool but IK MOD 3.0 has some problems. The countryside works proper (all graphics option are set to high in setup.exe and ingame too)but the city throw us out in the middle of the loading.
I've uninstalled shader water mod and it started to work, but after 10 min the game crashes again plus sometimes I cannot load the game but after the second attempt it works again. I've tried out many things but no luck. I'm getting nervous because the mod is almost finish and the release date is coming but there isn't any safe thing wich tells that the mod can run on every machine.
But otherwise IK mod 3.0 (iMac with Bootcamp XP 32bit) works 100% correct without freezes so I can enjoy the mod all the time but it's not enough
OFF:

Mr. Robville I would like to ask you something because your Titanic Mod is so huge (i mean models,the scenery,scripts etc...)Have you got any idea for this? Sad
Maybe we should change our Skype name and make phone calls because this problem is getting so serious

Hey, I think I may have the solution, because this sounds exactly like the problem I had last week.

The problem is caused by this,
Mafia can only use 1GB of graphical memory. If you have a 1GB GPU and the game runs against this limit, nothing happens and the game loads fine because it takes all RAM the GPU can provide.
However, if your GPU has more than 1GB of RAM (I have a 4GB GPU), the game overshoots this 1GB limit, somehow causing the game to close down to desktop.
So basically, any scene that is very complex and uses more than 1GB of graphical data (textures, models etc.) will make the game crash. You will notice if you rename the maps folder to disable all textures, that the scene loads fine.

How to fix this?
It can be solved very easily. I found this tool on the internet that allows you to patch 32bit applications to allow them to use up to 4GB of RAM:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

If you patch Mafia's Game.exe with this tool, the scene should load again in it's full glory.

See my topic about the same issue here: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9642

When you release the Ikarus mod, make sure to include the patched Game.exe so that other people don't encounter this problem.

www.robville.net
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Hey!

Sorry for the off topics replies...
So Rob, should I use the patch for IK mod 100%? I mean shader water, fully maps folder, fully models folder, because as you told if I rename or delete the maps/models folder the scene can load properly. So my question is should I put everything into game folder and than patch it?
I hope its going to help us out:

Update about the mod:

Yesterday I've made a phonecall with Neutral, and he started to put actors on the railway route (because my editors cannot tell the coordinates)so I'm going to be able to start scripting. Here is a little info.

(i know that I do this many times but ideas or problems always appears Wink)

City day = 100 % (only one new silly effect left) plus I hope these patches can help everybody out

City night = 100 % the same as city day

City small = disabled (we are not planning to use it in IK mod 3.0)

Countryside day = 80% only the railway route left everything is in order

Countryside night = 0%

So please be patient, because we have to figurate out something for this "throwing out" problem.
Mr Robville

255861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

No, just the Game.exe is enough. Wink This is the only file that speaks to your PC's hardware. All content from the game goes through this file.

www.robville.net
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Sorry about the misunderstand, but can i put the whole mod into the game before I patch Game.exe? Or I must delete the files halfly again?
Mr Robville

255861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Sure, no problem about that.
The patching is completely independent from anything else.

www.robville.net
Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

The good news is that there are only two of the last remaining train station to scripting for the whole train line. The new bus line already done.
The whole countryside will be ready after this and we can start the night version soon.
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
The good news is that there are only two of the last remaining train station to scripting for the whole train line. The new bus line already done.
The whole countryside will be ready after this and we can start the night version soon.

Great Smile
pinkshit

200 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Now the whole route is ready, you can earn money if you drive the train! It's very similar like the bus routes in older versions. You have to open/close doors manually and pick the 3 actor in each station. Well I know it's ready but I have to declare all of the cases if one of the actor is died or the train having some issues so please be patiant because if it's done we can put this project into night!

We have a little surprise for simulator fans that the semafors are working in each station. They are turning red or green and Neutral puts realistic traffic signals on the route! Wink
Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

We stopped for some reason, again before the completion of scripting. We have to wait again. Perhaps you can help Pinkshit's script problem? Praying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: