FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Introduction:Sergiu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Hello there!

My name's Sergiu, I'm currently 16 years 'young' (soon to be 17).
Nationality: German/Romanian. Currently living in: Transylvania.

I've been lurking these forums since 2009. Been a Mafia player since 2005 and I'm proud to say I've finished the original Mafia:TCoHL about 14 times. Thanks to Steam noting my time in Mafia II, I've spent 178 hours.

The ambience and storyline have always been strong with these games. I enjoy strong, immersive games. That goes for storyline and ambient (music, effects and so on).

I did try going into modding at some point but I found it hard at the time (back in 2009) because Mafia:TCoHL wasn't really as documented as it is today. I'm somewhat of a sucker for alpha/beta versions. Heh, that's why I'm still working it out with Grand Theft Auto 3 alpha remakes.
I've modeled vehicles, pedestrians and buildings for GTA 3 in 3DS Max + Kam's. Done it after reference (alpha/beta pictures).

I'm mostly earning money as a freelance web dev and artist. Mostly Flash art for browser based games or flash movies. Yeah, I'm that odd art guy who's always happy to help out.

I'm inclined (currently) and have been ever since the age of 8 to psychology, philosophy and literature. My favourite kind of music would be jazz/blue and opera. From Verdi to Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. My favourite car is the '55 Thunderbird or the Bel Air at the very least. Dark suits mostly.

Favourite movies: Once Upon a Time in America, The Godfather (1,2 and 3), Scarface (the 80's version). Shows: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos. Games: Mafia:TCoHL, Mafia II, GTA IV, GTA III.
As much as I like GTAs, I've developed some sort of passion for Mafia as a franchise. Grew attached to it unlike any other game before.

Thank you for reading this rather long and awkward introduction.

tl;dr: Hello!

Last edited by Sergiu on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276040 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome to MS Sergiu.

Your introduction is fine and a lot better than just some that say
"Hi my name is ------- I'm new here[fullstop]" and 'that's all they
wrote'.

Hope your time on these boards and in-site will be good.

Last edited by Muggy on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Welcome to MS Sergiu. :W

Your introduction is fine and a lot better than just some that say
"Hi my name is ------- I'm new here[fullstop]" and 'that's all they
wrote'.

Hope your time on these boards and in-site will be good.

Thank you for your reply. I'm enjoying it here so far.
It seems that, even if smaller than it was a long time ago, the community's still going. That was my main reason to join it properly. It goes on and on, somehow still living up. And my passion for Mafia games. Smile
linukkis

1230 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hey there, Sergiu. I think you are going to be a big asset for this community Thumbs up (left)
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Hey there, Sergiu. I think you are going to be a big asset for this community Thumbs up (left)

That means a lot to me coming from someone who's already pretty well known in a community. I sure hope so, gonna do my best. Thank you. Smile
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255681 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Hello Sergiu and welcome to MS! Very happy
It's actually refreshing to read an introduction like this, it's good to know you.

Can you show me some of the 3D stuff you've made? I'm a bit of a 3D nut. Sticking out tongue

www.Robville.net
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Hello Sergiu and welcome to MS! Very happy
It's actually refreshing to read an introduction like this, it's good to know you.

Can you show me some of the 3D stuff you've made? I'm a bit of a 3D nut. Sticking out tongue

Sure thing. As much as I love details and I'm an art guy, I'm sticking to low poly modeling for now as that's what's required. Would love to learn how to model pedestrians/buildings/vehicles in Mafia 1 as well. Heard only Zmodeler supports 4DS models but doesn't have full compatibility.

Currently working on the alpha version of Luigi's Club from GTA III. Based on the artworks, renders and vague (LQ) gameplay shots. It may look odd but that's how it was meant to be. Orders must be followed. Sticking out tongue

Models I've helped out with:
http://i.imgur.com/CGK5zP9.png
http://i.imgur.com/68FMEvv.png
http://i.imgur.com/re4W4kz.png
http://i.imgur.com/1O8YJe8.png
(note: the clothing is more of a sketch at this point; that's why it's lacking any sort of detail)

Grand Theft Auto III doesn't use actual bones, even if the engine allows it to. The game uses, instead, skinned parts to act as bones. To make the pedestrians boned and eventually, full mesh, you'll have to further rig it. Making new animations is impossible at this point as nobody was able to document on that part.

The face texture for the alpha Diablos (from scratch, alpha-like quality/LQ/LR, 4 hours):
http://i.imgur.com/9i7KFos.png
http://i.imgur.com/ekPKnN3.png
http://i.imgur.com/cNgGy11.png
http://i.imgur.com/VgsX7cJ.png

And that's not all of it, just some of the stuff I've worked on myself through time. We have 20 more remade alpha pedestrians, 15 alpha/beta vehicles and around 10 buildings. That and animations, graphics (custom preset + modified timecyc). All of these models have been done specifically for the mod I'm working on with other people. And there's a lot more from where that came from. Smile

Current look of the mod:
http://i.imgur.com/fUvBG7x.png
http://i.imgur.com/cDmRjs1.png
http://i.imgur.com/DVxHLck.png
(Claude's feet are looking odd in one screenie, excuse that).

Didn't use image tags for most of the pictures as that would've been tiring, even going as far as spamming (due to spoiler tags not working, sadly).

That's just some of my modding work when it comes to proper alpha/beta remakes, oh right, modeling too. Sticking out tongue
Mr Robville

255681 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Looks great! Definitely fits within GTA III's art style. Very happy

Yeah, Zmodeler does support 4ds files but I believe there is a plugin for 3ds max for that as well. You may need to ask Asa about it, he may know more about it.

Static models are easy to export/import. Cars become a bit more tricky with dummy objects and people haven't been fully integrated unfortunately due to the rigging of the models.

I'm very curious about what you may be able to put into Mafia. Very happy

www.Robville.net
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Looks great! Definitely fits within GTA III's art style. Very happy

Yeah, Zmodeler does support 4ds files but I believe there is a plugin for 3ds max for that as well. You may need to ask Asa about it, he may know more about it.

Static models are easy to export/import. Cars become a bit more tricky with dummy objects and people haven't been fully integrated unfortunately due to the rigging of the models.

I'm very curious about what you may be able to put into Mafia. Very happy

I'm very curious myself as well. Hope I could stick to someone who knows more about Mafia models basics. I'd love learning more. Smile

I've always been intrigued by the beta. Would sure appreciate someone helping me out with pedestrian/character models.
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Excuse the double post but I believe this is rather bump worthy. Found a few webcam shots of my drawings on my old HDD. Circa 2010.

Haven't digitally shot my drawings ever since. A lot has changed since 2010 (notice the poor quality, well, excuse me, I was rather foolish at the time and had an old webcam since I didn't use webcams as much as I currently do).
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276040 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Sergiu wrote:
Excuse the double post but I believe this is rather bump worthy. Found a few webcam shots of my drawings on my old HDD. Circa 2010.

Haven't digitally shot my drawings ever since. A lot has changed since 2010 (notice the poor quality, well, excuse me, I was rather foolish at the time and had an old webcam since I didn't use webcams as much as I currently do).

Double-posting only applies if the same author posts under 2 - 3 hours
and has not been patient enough to wait for a reply. In this case he/she
should edit their original post and add anything else they may have forgotten.

As your post is within 11 days of your previous one this is definitely not double-posting.

Nice drawings btw, are you doing art at school? (assuming you are still in education that is).

Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
Sergiu wrote:

Double-posting only applies if the same author posts under 2 - 3 hours
and has not been patient enough to wait for a reply. In this case he/she
should edit their original post and add anything else they may have forgotten.

As your post is within 11 days of your previous one this is definitely not double-posting.

Nice drawings btw, are you doing art at school? (assuming you are still in education that is).

Never went to an actual drawing school. As a matter of fact, I've never had a professor to really work with either. I've developed my drawing skills on my own. By the way, these drawings are rather old now. Sticking out tongue

My set of school subjects is the following (most important ones):
-psychology
-philosophy
-history
-geography

And so on/so forth.
Hunter

1499 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

That's a good biography. I think it's neat that young players still enjoy MAFIA (even if you came to it in 2005). Hey, you were 2 years old when I registered here. Sticking out tongue Nice knowing you. Smirking
Sergiu

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
That's a good biography. I think it's neat that young players still enjoy MAFIA (even if you came to it in 2005). Hey, you were 2 years old when I registered here. Sticking out tongue Nice knowing you. Smirking

Gee, that sure made me feel young. Sticking out tongue
Yeah, it's often rare to find younger MAFIA players. I've been promoting both Mafia games to any person I could find, sadly, it didn't stick.

...I guess it is because most players these days are superficial. Sad
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Introduction:Sergiu Reply with quote

Hello Sergiu. Nice to see another member.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: