FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

DC-ED2 is crashing on startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasTailor93

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

Hello guys,

my name is ThomasTailor93. I'm playing Hidden & Dangerous 2 since 2007 and as you may know, HD2 and Mafia are build on the same engine. Because this, I want to use DCED for modding my actors.bin file. But after years I cannot use it anymore because it won't work. On Windows XP it worked fine. But now, 4 years later, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. When I start DC-ED2 it crash directly. Now I'm asking you experts what the problem can be. I hope anyone can help me.

Regards, ThomasTailor93
Jorns

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

117 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

don't worry. me too. i recomeded scene2.bin editor called BScriptView 6.0 (5.0) or russian scena2 editor, or mafia world editor, for last use dnc extractor for copyng files.
ThomasTailor93

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

Hi. Nothing of them worked with Hidden & Dangerous 2, sadly. Do you have any experience why DCED2 is not working?

Regards
Jorns

117 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

You mean, edit the hidden and dangerous 2 files with DCED? I think, this cannot working with HD2 files. This is build to editing mafia files not the HD2.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

As I remember it was built on the same engine.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276102 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

ThomasTailor93 Have you tried right clicking DC||ED
and running as administrator?

If you right-click on the DCED2.exe in the DCED2 install
folder and run as administrator it will open up DC||ED
the tool cannot be run by installing it. You can run it without
installing it if you do install it you will be asked for a hardware
key and there is none. DC||ED is for editing Scene2.bin(*.bin)
files.

ThomasTailor93

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

Hello,

thank you for your replies. DC||ED is indeed working with Hidden & Dangerous 2 because Mafia and HD2 using the same engine. Modders are working with DC||ED for ages.

I downloaded DC||ED on this page (http://mafia.scorpions.cz/download/dced-2-0). It's a installation. I tried to install it as administrator, tried to run it as administrator, tried to find out why it crashs... nothing worked Sad

I installed a virtual Windows XP machine with VirtualBox and tried the same way - and there it works perfectly. It's a bit complicated but there is no other solution.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276102 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

ThomasTailor93 wrote:
Hello,

thank you for your replies. DC||ED is indeed working with Hidden & Dangerous 2 because Mafia and HD2 using the same engine. Modders are working with DC||ED for ages.

I downloaded DC||ED on this page (http://mafia.scorpions.cz/download/dced-2-0). It's a installation. I tried to install it as administrator, tried to run it as administrator, tried to find out why it crashs... nothing worked Sad

I installed a virtual Windows XP machine with VirtualBox and tried the same way - and there it works perfectly. It's a bit complicated but there is no other solution.

As I suggested above you can run DC||ED without installing it. You could
try downloading it from here
MMC Stuff + DC||ED
once you have extracted the archive open up the DCED folder
then the DC Source folder followed by the DCED2_Install folder
in there you will find DCED2.exe right click and run as administrator;
no need to install.. btw I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
on Boot Camp.

failing this, you could check if your firewall is blocking the application
and permit it to allow DC||ED (just a thought)

ThomasTailor93

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

I tried your download. I disabled anti virus and firewall, run it as administrator: no result. Also with compatibility mode WinXP SP3: no result. This is really strange.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276102 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

ThomasTailor93 wrote:
I tried your download. I disabled anti virus and firewall, run it as administrator: no result. Also with compatibility mode WinXP SP3: no result. This is really strange.

Not sure what to suggest really I run Windows 7 and can start
DC||ED both on my iMac and on my PC. The only thing is to
use the trouble shooting in control panel this is usually under
system and security. Also disabling UAC (user account control settings)
so you don't get that box pop up when you try starting some
programs.

ThomasTailor93

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

I tried trouble shooting... incompatible application. Nothing new. As you can start it on 64-bit it cannot be the problem. Also disabling UAC brought no results. Sad
Rs_sabrefinn

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: DC-ED2 is crashing on startup Reply with quote

I use Dced a lot for mod Hd2/Sabresquadron. The only file possible edit with Dced is the actors.bin, which we use to position objects on a map and rename/edit titles. importing definitions and make extraction of definitions from over actors.bin. and attaching items from 4ds files.

Its a little tricky to use and it has a few bugs, deleting in the left pane will destroy the actors.bin, so when we want make deletion we edit actors.bin and use hex editor.

Another issue the Dced don't make bckup of actors.bin we do this ourself.
Their is also an issue with using - [minus] in the cords xyz when position with -x you have hit save button, on reloading the actor.bin it will - [minus] seem missing and have repeat process.

Back to work : The crash issue is caused by the installer, i think old version of Dced, then you have installed a newer version 1.00 or used a extracted version to desktop of 1.00 and that won't work either.

So what you do is use msicuu - windows installer clean upTechNet Magazine and find the installer and make deletion of this file then exit app. Then used only the latests Dced 1.00. this work on win7 64 and 8.1.

All mods ever made for Hd2 are found here at my clan Rs_redsquadron

good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: