FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Deusiah returns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Just thought I'd say 'hi' Thumbs up (left)

Last edited by Deusiah on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Nice to be back Smile
Tehjus

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

You should have named yourself, Jesus !(TBH) Salute
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Deusiah is embarrassingly close Embarassed
I chose the name by two games I had lying around, 'Deus Ex' and 'Messiah'. Later on someone told me 'Deus' was latin for god Cautious

MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

968 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Who ever you are....you are da man!

thanks for bringing this back
Johncena1

167 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:

I second that Smile
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
Who ever you are....you are da man!

I'm just looking after the hosting/domain. All the downloads have been uploaded by other staff members Smile

naughtyboy

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Hello Deusiah, nice to meet you! Wink

Mr Salieri sends his regards!
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Hi Naughtyboy. Were you a member of the old MS?

naughtyboy

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

No Cool shades But I always wondered why have you closed it ? Smile

Mr Salieri sends his regards!
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Long story Laughing

Site attendance, lack of free time, MySQL, a llama that escaped London Zoo last Saturday, it all kicked off!

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Deusiah: Since 2002! Reply with quote

I didn't officially close it. Pull up a chair my friend and listen to the thrilling tale of MS's hosting... Sticking out tongue

Our last host was awful and their database server kept falling over. Meaning I had to login to the server and start it back up again. Doing this several times a week soon became tedious. I was trying to persuade tech support that they really need to take a look at the issue but it wasn't working but they were not being helpful.

The invoice came to review another years hosting which I put of paying (didn't want to buy another year of crap after all!). So I decided I needed to look for another host elsewhere. Anyway, being busy at the time I never got round to finding some suitable hosting and the before I knew it the old hosting expired taking MS along with it, everything was deleted. MS was gone for good.

I had been the person who had started MS those long years ago and was now the person responsible for ending it Crying

About a month ago I was just wondering what had become of the mafiascene.com domain. I had thought it had long expired as we were with some really poor domain name registrar that I often had problems with. I was surprised to find it still registered in my name. Being a freelance web developer I just happened to have a lot of hosting lying around and a little freetime. I decided to transfer the domain away from the rip-off registrar for a mighty 50! Then thought it would be nice to put some kind of MS tribute up. Maybe just a page people leave comments on.

Whilst wondering what to do I contacted ex-stafffer Marco to see if he had any old files I might be able to use for this idea. I had some of the original artwork but that was about it. Fortunately Marco had a developer backup I'd sent him an age ago of a old MS website from July 2005 I think. The developer backup was devoid of all data, no forum posts, news posts, gallery images, downloads, users etc. Just some test data. I thought it would be fun to try and get this old code running.

After much faffing around I had old MS up and running on my local development environment and posted a few pictures of it on MS's Facebook thread which generated much more interested that I had imagined along with some discussion asking if the site would/could come back. I started thinking that instead of a tribute site why not just bring back the old MS site, that would be a great tribute right?

I thought without all that old data; forum posts, gallery posts, downloads etc it wouldn't be MS so who would want to come here? As it turns out, MS isn't all that old data we lost. Its a community driven by people and so here were are today. Back again thanks to the community Thumbs up (left)

Last edited by Deusiah on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hunter

1499 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Sordid.

But I was wondering why this place was such an exact replica of MS, down to the roulette and the icons
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

150 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Replica? This is MS.com running on the same code it was in 2005 Very happy

Don_Nero

40 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Deusiah returns Reply with quote

Quite a story Deus, wow..

I'm thankful to see it back, and in it's original design.. it nearly brings a tear to my eyes, no kidding Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: