FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Exporting cars for Mafia 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bumper

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Exporting cars for Mafia 1. Reply with quote

Hello!

I thought I'd try reviving my long lost modelling skills and whip up some car models. The thing is, I'm not exactly sure how to get my creations ingame.

Now I know how to model, texture and such. What I'm interested in is how all the dummies, hierarchies and material settings (transparency, reflections) work for .4ds files. I'm thinking of using ZModeler to export my creations.

Also, why is the front axle on some cars "flipped" to the side, and what makes it show up right in the game?

Not expecting anyone to write a tutorial for me, but maybe you could point me to one?

Thank you.
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Exporting cars for Mafia 1. Reply with quote

Hello Bumper! Smile
There was a car converting tutorial from GTA:VC to Mafia by -HeKn- & MafiaMan9mm where every step was explained, but I can't find it here. Maybe someone still have it?
If you speak German, here is a step by step car converting tutorial in the German language:
http://mafia.gamona.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=13067
Bumper

19 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Exporting cars for Mafia 1. Reply with quote

Thanks PITEK!

I don't really speak German, but thanks to the pictures and Google Translate it's a pretty informative tutorial. Leaves quite a few questions unanswered, but I suppose I'll get back to those when I actually get to the exporting stage.

For people wondering what I'm doing, it's a Bolt Ace HD in the works:

Just the Tudor for now, but hopefully the rest of the body styles too. Would also love doing the rest of the cars, but considering how time-consuming this actually is, I probably won't get to that point.
Revan31

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Exporting cars for Mafia 1. Reply with quote

Once I did a topic here about converting cars to Mafia, but I can't find it now. Orginal autors was mentioned by PITEK. If you will wait few days I will reupload whole tutorial again.

Edit: Here you go Wink

http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=123663#123663
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: