FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread]

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could this be a good thing for Mafia III if it's really in development?
Hell yeah!
31%
 31%  [5]
Could be sure!
50%
 50%  [8]
Unmitigated Disaster!
18%
 18%  [3]
Total Votes : 16

geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

2K Czech has announced that it is closing it's office in Prague, and will be moving to the Brno studio and 2K HQ in California!

"We have relocated and consolidated our 2K Czech team from our Prague facility to centralise resources in our Brno studio," read a 2K Games statement.

"Additionally, we are transferring some development resources from both Prague and Brno to 2K headquarters in Novato, California.

"This transition will both strengthen the integration of the 2K Czech team with our award winning development teams, and better align cross-functional business practices.

"As part of this realignment, we are adjusting our staffing levels, resulting in the elimination of some positions."

We're back.... For good!
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

That is some interesting news!

I hope they learn from their mistakes on Mafia II with cutting away content and their tons of already installed DLC.
If they manage to pull it off (and make it moddable for god sakes) it could become a fantastic game. And perhaps restore some life back into MS if we get the registration fixed. Nevertheless, if MIII is coming, I will certainly look forward to it. I love playing MII despite their commercial flaws.

I hope this game will return to Lost Heaven, but set in the 70's or 80's, that would be cool. Very happy

www.Robville.net
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

It's always better to change the place of work than cancel the entire project. I also heard that eight employees received termination of employment.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

I read this to say, the Czechs are out, and everything that made Mafia 1 (and what began to make Mafia 2 before 2k)Great with them.

Camelot....only happens once in a life time

Pessimistic Pete
AsaSK

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
I read this to say, the Czechs are out, and everything that made Mafia 1 (and what began to make Mafia 2 before 2k)Great with them.

I agree.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

This from PC Gamer on similar vein

2K consolidates Prague office, Mafia 3's future unclear

Quote:
Emanuel Maiberg at 22:51 on 10 January 2014

In August 2012, we first heard rumors that Mafia 3 was being developed at 2K Czech for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Today, we have mixed news about the studio and the future of the Mafia games. A 2K representative has confirmed to us that the company is consolidating 2K Czech’s office in Prague, with some developers offered new positions in 2K’s Brno office (also in the Czech Republic), some at 2K’s headquarters in Novato, California, and some laid off. We’re also hearing unconfirmed reports that 2K is restarting development on Mafia 3 at 2K San Francisco.

"This transition will both strengthen the integration of the 2K Czech team with our award winning development teams, and better align cross-functional business practices,” 2K said in a statement.

Talking to Superannuation, an anonymous source claimed that Rod Fergusson, 2K San Francisco’s Studio Head, is restarting development on Mafia 3, abandoning 2K Czech’s progress on the game.

Fergusson, formerly of Epic games, helped Irrational Games finish development on Bioshock Infinite before opening the 2K San Francisco studio. This has led some to speculate that he’ll help do the same for Mafia 3, seeing as how Mafia 2 was in development for roughly seven years.

While 2K did confirm that some of the developers at 2K Czech have been transferred to California, and several LinkedIn profiles of 2K developers in the San Francisco area indicate that they are working on an unannounced open world game, the company did not confirm where Mafia 3 is being developed, if at all.

In October 2013, 2K’s Marin studio was also hit with significant layoffs.

Our review of Mafia 2 was fairly positive, finding that it was a great tribute to the mafia movie genre, but not enough of a game.

Not sure if this has anything different to tell but having looked at the tweets (photo'd)

It still doesn't say a lot

rumours — eh!!

Mercury7

3 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

Going off Muggy's post here's part of the superannuation twitter talk: (read bottom to top)

If anyone is interested in more, there's a sum up of tweets at NeoGAF.

Mafia 3 being in development makes me happy, but the game sure seems to have suffered a complicated development structure.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

Wow that's really interesting! Seems hopeful so here's hoping!

We're back.... For good!
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

My hands are itching already...id like to play something new and amazing and mafia themed. You know guys, when mafia 2 got announced, i was hoping for it to be something much much more. Very indepth game, very realistic and with an excellent story and a lot more free roam. There was this screenshot from Mafia 2 released where the dark factory place with wooden garage's or warehouses was shown. I was so in hopes they would actually create the game was dreaming about. Something with a lot of depth, huge amount of details and customization and using the money and power you earn. Lets hope for all the best with the hopefuly upcoming M3!

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

I have a good news for ya lads. It looks like the guys from 2k Czech who were sent to Novato, are now in a new studio called Hangar 13. And what is the best - they are probably working on MAFIA 3!

Check out this article : http://www.onlysp.com/2k-announces-new-studio-hangar-13-likely-working-mafia-iii/

Keep an eye on the Video Game Awards.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
huckleberrypie

291 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: 2K Czech has been restructured. [News Post Thread] Reply with quote

It's likely, but we gotta keep our fingers crossed on this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: