FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278064 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
No need to, everything is free of charge. Wink Thanks a lot everyone! I'm glad to hear you all like it. Very happy

I've just finished the port side of this area; the 1st and second class baggage hold:

An area like this could be compared to the luggage compartiment inside an aircraft. Unlike cruiseships where the travel is the destination thus not needing a baggage hold, Titanic was a Transatlantic liner solely meant to ship people and cargo from A to B, like an airplane does today. You can imagine that immigrants had a lot of stuff to carry with them to start a new life somewhere else. So any items that did not needed to be reached during voyage were stowed in here.

I tried my best to make the area look diverse, but modeling hundreds of unique suitcases would simply take too much time.
In case any of you wish to improve the contents of this hold, feel free to model a bunch of low poly suitcases or trunks and I'll add them in here as well and, of course, credit you for it. Wink

Btw, I've been taking a look at what WayBack Machine archived from the old MafiaScene. I managed to find one page from the Titanic mod! Very happy
http://web.archive.org/web/20100214010518/http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12489&p=277483#p277483

Once announced at Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:03 pm, 17 minutes after I registered my account here.
Eventually reaching 139+ pages and more than 2066 replies and viewed more than 89473 times.
The layout looks corrupted, but all images that I posted are still uploaded on my account till this very day.
Damn, I wish I could still view the whole topic. Well, at least we got some bits of scrap left. Laughing

There's always a tiny bit of hope that one day Chris will come and say "Hey, I've found the old database!" Sticking out tongue

Rob, the depth of detail is just breathtaking.
Your talent has improved immensely since
you first became a member of MS as a young teen
and now a fellow admin...a hearty well done sir. Applause

*yeah it would be good if CK did somehow find
a copy of the original DB of MS from back in the day.*

PeacefulTommy

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Hey Robville this isn't a mod anymore its a standalone game Applause
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

This is becoming an absolutely astonishing project. The details alone are amazingly accurate to the real ship and to see something like this in a game and in Mafia, just can't wait for it.

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
LesCM19

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

The effort modders put in to Mafia and other games is much appreciated by this downloader and I am sure many other afficionadoes of classic games.
I wouldn't know where to start.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Much appreciated guys!

@LesCM19,
You could experiment by changing some textures after you extract them from the game with the Mafia DataXtractor. Soon enough you'll get an idea of how Mafia works. Sticking out tongue

I'm happy to announce that the forward cargo holds are now all finished:

Progression chart:

I also made a very stupid mistake. Not sure how, but I managed to completely miss the upper level of the mail hold which contains the post office. The letter cabinets weren't even located in the hold itself but only inside the post office. So positioning the many letters into different spots turns out to be a complete waste of time since the post office doesn't use that many cabinets. I also had to change the hoist. It's used to transfer the mail bags between the two rooms, not across the hold, so I needed to tweak that one a little bit as well and cut a hole in the ceiling. The hoist does make more sense now.

www.robville.net
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Not bad.
I don't think this'll fit on my HDD... Laughing
vapno92

617 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

I am sure, that my computer blow up in flames and set my whole house to fire, when I'll try to run this Very happy
djbozkosz

1880 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

but very good progress

Web | Youtube | Twitter
PeacefulTommy

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

A silly question: Will Tommy be all alone on a ghost ship or there will be people wandering around and doing things?
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

waiting for this massive mod.
Mr Robville

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks all! Very happy
@PeacefulTommy,
Nope, the ship will be fully populated and passengers will be walking through corridors.

As of last september 11th, this mod has been in production for over 8 years!
To celebrate this production I've created a compilation video showing various works:

www.robville.net
DMateo07

178 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Beautiful! Shocked
You are genius!
R0v3r

74 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

I just want to ask.... will you put there sectors? for different sounds and lights in different areas?
Mr Robville

255950 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Absolutely. The 1st class smoking room already has it's own sector with it's unique lighting etc. Also when the player enters the interior area, all objects from the boat deck and above will be hidden to increase performance. This way I can implement the entire ship as a whole without loading screens or terrible framerate.

www.robville.net
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Nice video. Very professional.

The last scene knocked me out of my chair. Laughing

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 11 of 24

Jump to: