FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

To make fuel consumption more realistic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girizgah

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have always liked the simulation-like car driving of MAFIA 1. Additionally, I have decreased the automatic transmission switching RPM, increased the number of gears etc.

Now, i want to make the fuel consumption of the cars more "realistic". I mean, if you use low gear at high rpm, you should consume much more fuel compared to driving at high gear(at the same speed).

(Note: I've decreased the "gasoline tank capacity" variable of the taxi with RHAM 5.3.3. By this way, the fuel management becomes important(Otherwise the tank is impossible to consume completely).)

However gear management is not affecting the fuel consumption at all... I ve tested first and fourth gears of my taxi driving at the same speed(60 kph limit). Driving at first gear gives 1.9 km range while at fourth gear gives 2.2 km range only. Not comparable with real life.

So any of you have suggestions about this issue? Can i edit the fuel consumption policy of the game? Or a variable is controlling the nonlinearity of the rpm-fuel consumption curve?

I have hope about this issue since the fuel consumption is not speed or time dependent in mafia(Idling -or clutching- while going downhill, decreases fuel consumption considerably). So fuel consumption is rpm dependent. But not that dependent...

Thanks...

EDIT: I am not able to find any script related to car driving stuff in none of the scene2.bin files. All i know is "car_getspeed" command. I think driving is hard-coded?
Uncle_Gregory

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

Hmmm, I think you would have to heavy interpose in the Mafia engine, which soo had I think. But your idea is interesting, however this thing isn't so necessary, more would be changing fuel consumption value, cause this in Mafia is not realistic.
girizgah

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

Uncle_Gregory wrote:
Hmmm, I think you would have to heavy interpose in the Mafia engine, which soo had I think. But your idea is interesting, however this thing isn't so necessary, more would be changing fuel consumption value, cause this in Mafia is not realistic.

Thanks for the answer.

I was already able to change the fuel consumption value(increased it about ten times). Then, the game became more simulative.

However gear management does not affect the consumption like in real life. I just want it to be more realistic. In real life we have to be more careful in gear management in order to minimize fuel expense. (Which maybe due to extreme fuel prices in Turkey:)

There are many values in RHAM 5.3.3 for vehicles.bin. But many of them are unnamed. Maybe someone knows the variable which help me...
djbozkosz

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

girizgah wrote:
There are many values in RHAM 5.3.3 for vehicles.bin. But many of them are unnamed. Maybe someone knows the variable which help me...

try:
http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9454

Web | Youtube | Developer at
girizgah

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

djbozkosz wrote:
girizgah wrote:

try:
http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9454

Really thanks for your answer. Theres so much info in that document. It seems that no variable is defined for our case. Still, the documentation is very helpful...
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

I think that this sort of mod was already made. Before the MS went offline there was something like fuel or gas realism mod which increased the fuel consumption of cars and decreased the price of refueling the car on gas station.
Maybe someone still have it?
girizgah

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: To make fuel consumption more realistic? Reply with quote

PITEK wrote:
I think that this sort of mod was already made. Before the MS went offline there was something like fuel or gas realism mod which increased the fuel consumption of cars and decreased the price of refueling the car on gas station.
Maybe someone still have it?

It would be very nice if so...

Still, do you have any information about where the main codes of the game is located? I mean the very basic codes such as the ones controlling if you press "forward" the car accelerates, if you press "a" gear shifts up, if rpm of the motor exceeds a threshold, sound of the motor increases and so on...

I couldn't find any script controlling them... So these are not script controlled.

Thanks in advance guys...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: