FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Running mafia on windows 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bojeffries

91 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

Got a fresh copy of Mafia for my laptop. When I try to run it on Windows 8 a pop up appears called compatibility assistant which says it's adjusting the compatibility. But still won't run which is odd because it installed perfectly.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

*Moved to Mafia 1 Help*

Bojeffries

91 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
*Moved to Mafia 1 Help*

Tinkered with it using the compatibility trouble-shooter and almost got a result but now when I select it I receive a blank white window with a three z's header and a text box saying generic error
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

That's strange. I have mafia on my windows 8 and I don't have any problems. Maybe try to run it with admin mode.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
huckleberrypie

291 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

Try adding the Mafia game.exe to your Windows DEP exceptions list. It should work fine.
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

I think if the above solutions doesn't work then you must need to install a fresh copy of window 8 or purchase/download another copy of Mafia.

Here i have successfully played it on Win-8.1
ro_gamer

30 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

Me too! I play Mafia 1 on Win 8.1 PC, in Compatibility Mode and it works! I have the game from the internet, and there are no problems with it.
Gyurma313

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Running mafia on windows 8 Reply with quote

Hi,mafia exe error win7 why ? I tried everything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: