FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Thunderbird from Mafia 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MafiaMan9mm

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Really got a thrill when Vito and Joe went on mission to
Tommy Angelo's house and put an end to him. Brought
back some old memories, and really fit into the storyline.
What do you think???? Thinking
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1252 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Yeah, I also really liked the way this mission in Mafia 2 connects the story with characters from Lost Heaven Smile It felt really sad being in the shoes of the man who's been assigned to kill Tommy Angelo Sad But yeah, I sort of liked this episode
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

823 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

When I played this mission for the first time and I drove the red T'bird I haven't even thought that the mission will be related to the ending of Mafia 1. When I heard the song from Mafia 1 I wasn't 100% sure about it, but when I got close to the place I realized that this mission is indeed related to Mafia 1 ending. Shocked
I really liked that because we can also know how it looked from the side of Vito and Joe and what happened to them later.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Poor old Tommy. It was good to see him again, even in such circumstances. The only thing I didn't like in this mission is that they changed our beloved lupara to a shotgun.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

MafiaMan9mm wrote:

That supremely pissed me off!

I mean I went out of the way to make a video changing that end...and to finish Mafia 2 I had to kill Tommy?????

When I saw that Mafia 2 went from meh....to grr

Mafia 2 is a strange thing for me....the graphics cars music et al are really very good

But the story suffered....the best description I heard was.... drive for 10 minutes, shoot people, drive for 10 minutes, lather, rinse and repeat

When driving around Empire Bay the thought that goes through my head is that this is wonderful....but it could have been so much better

There were high points, the high rise mission was awesome! As was the Observatory

But the reason I don't touch it much anymore, is the fact that they locked up the modding capability to protect future DLC's and I can only kill the greasers so many times.

Even the mod I did is dull
hoggster

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

i think it was a really nice and clever touch to link the 2 stories in this way.
lostinmafia_heavenMS

151 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

It was nice to see, though Tommy deserved better. It was over too quickly and felt rushed.
the_fixer

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

MafiaMan9mm wrote:

I predicted this way before the game was launched.
After watching a couple of trailers I recognized the plump chap and made the connection with Mafia I’s epilogue.
These trailers were enough to convince me that Mafia II will be a mediocre game due to the following facts:
1. The Prohibition Era was the Mafia’s golden age,
2. The marketing department did what it always does - water down products in order to increase the mass appeal,
3. Implementation of multiple platforms: PC, Xbox, PlayStation etc; which ultimately determines the number and types of actions that a user may perform.
Hunter

1501 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

I was personally hoping for something less modern. Sequel creep. BF 1942 becomes some weird hypothetical future battle thing that isn't bad, but doesn't have much to do with its namesake.

It was sort of creative, but doesn't belong in Mafia's story.
menju

85 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

When I started that mission I was not aware of the fact that I am going to kill Tommy, not even when that red Ford Thunderbird appeared in front of my eyes (that is Vito's)... only coming to the house caused me goose bumps... and then the action was very quick...
I was sorry to finish off Tommy, I wish the story line would be more intricate and the interaction Tommy and Vito more intimate...
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

I felt very sad to play that episode. Tommy Angelo death is not good in all over Mafia-2 game.
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

kavi85 wrote:
I felt very sad to play that episode. Tommy Angelo death is not good in all over Mafia-2 game.

It wasn't good in Mafia 1

which is why I changed it Wink

Yeah I was not at all pleased with mafia 2....but when they made me kill Tommy......that was it
AZZ012909

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

Where download this ?? Very happy
comicsguy

103 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

My dream is modes that complement the game events. Kill Tom's sad, but to see it on the other hand - is very interesting.

MatteoCapoletti, Thumbs up (left)

AZZ012909, If you can add people and car, get it https://www.sendspace.com/file/vsljir (another author A.Levit ?)
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Thunderbird from Mafia 1 Reply with quote

AZZ012909 wrote:
Where download this ?? Very happy

I just made this to make this video then deleted it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: