FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia 1 or 2 favourite game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255711 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Mafia 1 or 2 favourite game? Reply with quote

I must say I enjoy both games equally. But there are some differences though.

I'm a story person. Give me a game with an immersive storyline and you got me!
M1 did this precisely! They really nailed the story and their characters. Best example of it is the last mission "Death of Art". After the first cutscene you really felt bad about the character and the whole mission had this grim atmosphere.

Next to that the soundtrack. Perfect as a soundtrack can be. And that is what I like of M1 opposed to M2. Because from M1 you remember any theme clearly. Say "carchase" and you instantly hear the themes.
M2 doesn't have that feel for some reason. The ST seems to be placed more on the background. After playing the game four times, I still can barely remember which soundtracks were being played appart from the main theme.

But what I like about M2 is the messing around in the world. Grabbing a car, tuning it fully, driving 200MPH on the sidewalk and crashing right into the tailored suits store. Followed by shooting up the place, defending yourself inside for the waves of cops that come. And finally stealing everything you can and get the hell out of there!
This sandbox and interactive world makes it fun to play.
And even though the story misses many good opportunities, it's still fun to play.

What I would have liked within the storyline is (besides the fact they scrapped 80%) to see more depth in the world around crime. Vito says in the beginning "Find a girl, settle down" so you imagine some GTA IV like content of purchasing homes and meeting background characters. Joe responds "There's plenty of time for that sh!t later". So you expect to see it on some point. But it never happens.

Take Marty. Well, I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't introduced two missions before the hotel mission. Create background missions or something! involve him more to get attached to his character.

Lastly that broad of Joe, (that one Vito helps out with the conflict of that car crash). The game clearly shows chemistry between both characters so you would expect there would be some character development between them such as in M1 between Tommy and Sarah. But again, the story never proceeds on that part while it easily could.

www.Robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia 1 or 2 favourite game? Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

What I would have liked within the storyline is (besides the fact they scrapped 80%) to see more depth in the world around crime. Vito says in the beginning "Find a girl, settle down" so you imagine some GTA IV like content of purchasing homes and meeting background characters. Joe responds "There's plenty of time for that sh!t later". So you expect to see it on some point. But it never happens.

Take Marty. Well, I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't introduced two missions before the hotel mission. Create background missions or something! involve him more to get attached to his character.

Lastly that broad of Joe, (that one Vito helps out with the conflict of that car crash). The game clearly shows chemistry between both characters so you would expect there would be some character development between them such as in M1 between Tommy and Sarah. But again, the story never proceeds on that part while it easily could.

Yeah it is the game that could have been, should have been great.....all the pieces are there...they just failed to take the time to put them all together.

ah when money rules (aka when 2k took it over) we lose
kavi85

133 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Mafia 1 or 2 favourite game? Reply with quote

Mafia-TCoLH is best favorite. I am in gaming because of only Mafia-TCoLH. Mafia-2 has improved graphics but No no no...don't do that! the emotions,story characters of Mafia-TCoLH are awesome. In my thinking The developers of Mafia's must need to redevelop and relaunch the whole Mafia-TCoLH with new places,buses,trees graphics etc.

*Mafia-TCoLH Ma best game ever.* Sticking out tongue
AZZ012909

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Mafia 1 or 2 favourite game? Reply with quote

In my opinion Mafia 2 sucks.

Mafia 1 BETTER !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: