FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mflh

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

Apparently MAFIA III will be set in Louisiana.

Source: http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/03/characters-of-unannounced-take-two.html

What do you think ?

Trivia: Did you know New Orleans is the place of origin for Mafia in America ?

So with this I am no longer worry about the new studio taking over MAFIA series since they're showing their passion on the series with this.

To make things even more interesting, 3 years ago in the same month, casting call for GTA V was made.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292424/gta-v-codenamed-rush-characters-uncovered/

And it only takes them 7 months after for them to officially announce the game. I think this suggests the announcement for MAFIA III will be coming this year.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

Amazing news! Let's hope we have an announcement before 2015 hits.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing!
I wonder how many people have signed up for these roles. I imagine lots of emails and phone calls coming in. If I weren't Dutch and lived in/near L.A., I would've loved to apply. Smile

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

8240 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

Very nice find, although I'm not sure about Louisiana or one of the tradition Mafia trio being black (not a racist comment Laughing).

If what you say is true, mflh, they've certainly done their research, although I imagine the Mafia life to be played out in high-rise sky scraper cities like Lost Heaven, Chicago, New York etc.
It would also be a shame to see it set in an era other than the 20s-40s, after that it's common knowledge that the organisation rapidly declined because of drugs, rules not being adhered to, etc.

Still, fingers crossed!

The official Mafioso Mod thread
PG01

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

It's registered with Take-Two rather than 2K so it's possible this isn't even connected to the Mafia series.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276192 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding location Reply with quote

PG01 wrote:
It's registered with Take-Two rather than 2K so it's possible this isn't even connected to the Mafia series.

I have to agree, I don't think this is anything to do with Mafia III
at all.

Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

It has been said that Mafia 3, after transfering development resources to California, is made ​​from scratch. So I highly doubt it.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Falcon

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

I have my doubts this is in any way related to the mafia franchise,

looks like it could be some sort of gta clone, though.

Why would they have a black character named Franklin immediately after GTA had a black character named franklin? That would just be blatantly stupid.

If the information were legit, I think New Orleans would be a welcome change of pace for open world games of this genre, though.

the new york/los angeles archetype is getting old.
PG01

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: MAFIA III in New Orleans (and maybe surrounding locations) ? Reply with quote

I demand Grand Theft Biggleswade!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: