FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

LS3D Sandbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djbozkosz

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Unwrapper:

Web | Youtube | Developer at Hangar 13 Games (2K Czech)
AsaSK

13801 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Aaaaand we have a page 6! This sounds like a silly thing to say but I hope this will be user friendly enough to be used by basic modellers who aren't advanced like Mr Robville, for example Embarassed

And that's fine djbozkosz, everyone needs time to do things. Good luck with your thesis!

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Neutral

308 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

It seems to me that this would be a wonderful tool and finally do not have to suffer with a texture and the involvement of different object profiles. You make a great professional editor, we are looking forward eternal gratitude go for it
Applause
Mr Robville

255891 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Its really starting to look better and better with each screenshot.

I assume the vertex lightmap is similar to Unity3D's light nodes?
Which means that these actually light the surface and make the lightmap more dynamic instead of just providing a shadow.

Would it be possible to bake the vertex lighting in the editor and bake the texture itself inside a modeling tool?

@Asa, I would need to learn how to use this tool as well to gain it's full potential. Wink
I hope this editor will be a lot quicker to insert and transform objects/entities than other editors. MWE was great, but it still took a decent amount of time to implement many npc's or add a lot of doors. There were no transform/rotate/scale widgets and there was no copying feature either. Everything would go so much quicker with a ctrl+C and ctrl+V function.
It would also be a huge time saver if drag-and drop features would be implemented instead of create>object>enter model name>enter parent name>enter object name>finding it inside your scene>resetting the cordinates from a million miles to 0,0,0>repositioning the object to the correct location etc.

What saves me a lot of time with the Titanic mod is that every object has it's center axis located precisely at 0,0,0. So implementing goes quicker. But when it comes to individual objects like npc's, items, lights or doors which all use different cordinates, it is much more work.

www.robville.net
PG01

14 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Can I request a tweak to entity selection? I'd like the rollup bar to automatically switch to the right tab and open up the last used property list.
Also, is viewport object editing implemented? I saw a screenshot with an object picker view on the first page.
djbozkosz

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Quote:
I assume the vertex lightmap is similar to Unity3D's light nodes?
Which means that these actually light the surface and make the lightmap more dynamic instead of just providing a shadow.

Vertex and bitmap lightmaps are static in Mafia. Some "dynamics" is achieved with lightmap levels.
Bitmap lightmaps are textures applied onto geometry.
Vertex lightmaps are only colors for vertices - lot of these lmaps are in daytime countryside (free krajina).

Quote:
Would it be possible to bake the vertex lighting in the editor and bake the texture itself inside a modeling tool?

Can you give an example?
I can write editing baked groups of textures ... some copy, paste or open in image editor...

Quote:
I hope this editor will be a lot quicker to insert...

Yes, when I will be implementing into Sandbox editing of scene2.bin, some pos, rot, scale, copy, etc..., buttons aren't problem.
A still have some new ideas, eg: if you ever used CryEngine Sandbox, there are "Prefabs" objects. They are groups of objects simply inserted into scene with one click. It would be great eg for room equipment, objects on the street, nature etc....

Quote:
Can I request a tweak to entity selection...

Picking will be also implemented unfortunately I missed it in the last version. My priority is now bachelor thesis "Lightmap Generation Tool". Whose functionality will be then implemented into Sandbox.

And last screenshot - first version of ray tracer (without global illumination yet):

Mr Robville

255891 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Absolutely impressive work. These lightmaps remind me a lot of Unity. A+ to you for sure. Very happy

If you can get prefabs to work, that would be a cherry on the pie. This method speeds up any development drastically.

Quote:
Can you give an example?
I can write editing baked groups of textures ... some copy, paste or open in image editor...

If a model only uses either one (Bitmap or vertex) you can scratch that question.
But as for bitmap lightmaps, in Unity, I do the baking inside Cinema 4D, and then apply the baked lightmap to the ingame model, or open the baked lightmap from unity in Photoshop to finish it and then place it back into Unity again. Would that be possible to do here as well?
Although, looking at your screenshots, I think I won't even be needing to use external editing. Sticking out tongue

www.robville.net
djbozkosz

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

I hope external editing won't be needed but implement this isn't a big problem.

There is some "old" picture:
80 texels per unit (1 texel per 1.25 cm), blurred

And today picture (scroll to right):

Mr Robville

255891 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

whow whow whow! Applause

I can't wait to try this out to some Titanic interiors.

www.robville.net
AsaSK

13801 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

I didn't even know the LS3D engine was capable of such advanced lighting! Bravo djbozkosz.

djbozkosz

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Some in-game testing:

djbozkosz

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

AsaSK

13801 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

You'll get a first on your thesis for sure, this is amazing!

I also love the little city section you designed to show off the lighting, it takes me weeks to think up things like that - you're a natural at building scenery!

Some faces on some of the buildings are lit up in neon colours, is this a glitch? I know you can't bake lightmaps on some models without getting coloured faces/corners.

Also, is there anything that can't be lightmapped without crashing? Some custom models/complex models I try to bake lightmaps onto in MWE v3 just end up crashing the program.

Freak2121

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

Wow, could this mean that someone could go and just make a complete lighting overhaul for Mafia? That would be quite a mod! Can the game handle the baked shadows at a higher resolution so that they're sharper than default?
djbozkosz

1878 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: LS3D Sandbox Reply with quote

AsaSK:
Quote:
Some faces on some of the buildings are lit up in neon colours, is this a glitch

Yes, It was glitch. Because mesh has softer geometry than lightmap resolution.

Freak2121:
Quote:
Can the game handle the baked shadows at a higher resolution so that they're sharper than default?

Yes, but maximum supported lightmap atlas resolution per mesh is 512 512.

And some Multisampling anti-aliasing:

Supersampling calculates subpixels for every pixel.
But multisampling calculates subpixels only for edges in texture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: