FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Bloody hell, Rob that looks fantastic. The inside of the bow with the metal strut frame looks very life like. You should create a little animated clip in there, showing how the water flows in. Would be very theatrical. Wink
Also, do you keep your models under some sort of limits too, like how many vertex's or face's it has depending on its size? And what sort of FPS you get when you test it in the game(engine)?

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the kind comments!

The FPS varies a lot at the moment.
Within optimized scenes, the overall FPS is 50-60FPS. And in unoptimized scenes, the FPS changes between 18-30 depending on the amount of effects on the screen at once. As mentioned, those are still unoptimized. The final result is supposed to run smoothly. Wink
As far as the models themselves. I use an average polygon usage depending on the object's size and the degree of detail it requires. It's hard to explain how much precisely since it's more a matter of 'feeling' than an actual guideline.

I've been doing some more work on the forward cargo holds:

I've made the frames a bit more detailed and accurate according to some footage from the RMS Olympic.

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Outstanding job, Mr. Rob! Awesome Smile
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Looks very decent indeed. What program do you use Rob? I'm learning to use Blender, nice free software. Has a crapload of options too.

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Time for an update!

I've successfully implemented the boiler room ingame. There are still some features left to be added but I'm already satisfied with the result.

www.Robville.net
AsaSK

13614 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Wow, the lighting is stunning Rob! Is it part of the .4ds done in Cinema or are the lights in the scene2?

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

It's partially baked in Mafia and partially baked onto the textures themselves.
This is how the area looks without any lightmaps (don't mind the glitchy textures on the boilers):

With lightmaps (No realtime lights):

And lightmaps alone:

Here you can clearly see which objects are lightmapped within the scene and which are not.

So basically all detailed objects will be pre-lightmapped in C4D, while larger areas- especially when using tiled textures- will be done in MWE to prevent any large textures to be made.

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Sir, you never fail to amaze me! Salute Flawless, amazing work.
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks! Very happy

@ndre wrote:
Looks very decent indeed. What program do you use Rob? I'm learning to use Blender, nice free software. Has a crapload of options too.

I forgot to respond to your message.
For modeling I use Cinema 4D. Amazing tool with endless possibilities. This tool is also used a lot in the movie business for films such as Ice Age, Shrek, Spiderman, 2012 etc.

For textures I use both Cinema 4D and Photoshop elements.

www.Robville.net
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

All cargo hold areas that have been completed so far have been successfully implemented ingame. While this scene currently runs at a solid 60FPS, I need to work at creating sectors for these areas to hide any room that is not visible. Not only helps this to preserve framerate, it also makes it possible to apply different kinds of atmospheres for each room. (E.G. orange dense fog in boiler room, white fog in cargo holds, sounds etc.)
An example of this has been shown a while back with the 1st class smoking room.

www.Robville.net
Neutral

302 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Beautiful objects and lighting is professional. Glad to see that slowly can You solve all problems and I can see that this is actually the greatest art is the history of modding. I wish I could modelling with this professionally abilities .. Applause
Sharpshooter4839

562 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Beautiful objects and lighting is professional. Glad to see that slowly can You solve all problems and I can see that this is actually the greatest art is the history of modding. I wish I could modelling with this professionally abilities .. Applause

To me, it looks like plain magic. Shocked
MurderInc

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Rob scroll to the bottom:

http://www.cracked.com/article_21103_the-5-most-incredibly-detailed-replicas-ever-made-by-fans.html
AsaSK

13614 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

That screenshot is fantastic Rob, the detail and seeing each room from the outside brings home how intricate this section is alone Smile

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks!

@ MurderInc,
For a minute I thought that part of the article was about this mod Sticking out tongue
Quite impressive and interesting to see how other people replicate the ship.

The last few weeks have been very busy for me. I've moved to a new home which required some effort to finish it all. Anyway, I'm now fully settled again and ready to proceed modeling!

To start off, I've been continuing on the cargo holds. This time it's the Orlop Deck, which is the first deck to be partially located above sea level.

The cargo hatches in between have received some crossbeams and wooden planking to cover the holes:

This area will be the mail hold, soon it will be filled with lots of objects and bags of mail:

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 8 of 23

Jump to: