FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Opinion Sought

View previous topic :: View next topic  

I have about 25% to go on finishing Capoletti. But I have lost my mojo...and really not many players out there any more. I was looking for your take.... should I
Suck it up boy and get the job done
46%
 46%  [7]
Go ahead and induldge yourself and make one or two small mission mods to help refresh the juices
46%
 46%  [7]
Give up...the game is dead
0%
 0%  [0]
Did somebody say bacon? (ie I don't care)
6%
 6%  [1]
Total Votes : 15

MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

977 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

s the poll states:

I will finish Capoletti regardless
AsaSK

9903 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Well I'm still at it, and djbozkosz is creating his brilliant new editor. It's not as dead as you think friend Wink

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

I guess I'm no modder, but I'm always eager to play other people's creations, and I really love the work you've done with Mafia, Matteo. If you carry on modding, there will always be people interested in what you do. But if you decide not to, it's also understandable, because I can't even imagine how time consuming and hard this hobby is. Anyways, I guess you should do whatever you feel is right (:

P.S. Glad you haven't decided to abandon the Capoletti Mod (:
lightingft

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Agreed. Finish it, mate. I recently got back to modding, mostly not only for the community, but for me as well. I love modding. And I love satisfying the community. So rock on, and I hope you finish the mod!
AsaSK wrote:
Well I'm still at it, and djbozkosz is creating his brilliant new editor. It's not as dead as you think friend Wink

Off-topic: What editor? Shocked Map/script/model??
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1278 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

lightingft wrote:

Off-topic: What editor? Shocked Map/script/model??

An extremely great project by djbozkosz:

http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9182&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
Neutral

298 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Not known how many players there are who will download and try his joy in your work. I see that there are still many people who love this great game and all amendments are happy to relive the nostalgia atmosphere newly again. As long as you can enjoy of mod creation, will surely be who would love to play with it. ( like me Smile
Mr Robville

255850 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

The drive to proceed working on a project can come in waves. One moment you want to put your back into it, and the other moment you've either had enough and want to be done with it or just don't believe in your project anymore. There are plenty of times I wondered the exact same thing with the Titanic mod. I doubted if the effort was worth the result, considering Mafia is a decade old game and there are more impressive Crysis Titanic projects running as well.
However, I realized that for me, it was more of an illusion and had mostly to do with my overall mindset at that moment.
I noticed that in a period of lesser times I couldn't care about the mod anymore, due to either stress or other personal things. (Depression or life changing events can influence this a lot) I let it be for that moment. But as soon as I was myself again in good spirits, like after a vacation, I couldn't wait to turn on my PC and load the modding tools as soon as possible. Not caring about the statistics or competitors. I keep that thought with me in case I ever feel negative. It makes me realize that I want to finish the project like a personal achievement with completing an enormous task over such a long period, never giving up and keeping word to the fans who are following.

I say, let it rest for a while. If you are not in the mood on working on your mod, don't even bother to open a modding tool. Motivation is key to creativity. Besides, there are no deadlines anyway. Wink
Maybe your feelings on continuing the project will change through time. No rush. If that ever happens, that is the moment to proceed working. If you totally forget about your mod due to other interests that enter your life, you know there would have been no use in having yourself forced to continue against your own will anyway.

I think you are a great modder with a lot of creativity. If you ever release your mod, I'll definitely gonna play it! Very happy
The registration form isn't helping much getting new people to join MS, which I think is the main reason it seems so silent in here.
You can always create a ModDB page to help promote your mod. There are plenty of people who will see it. Hell, many people that watch the Titanic Mod don't even have Mafia. Sticking out tongue

www.Robville.net
MatteoCapoletti

977 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Thanks to all, especially you Rob....no one puts more effort time and love into their project than you.
ROB13

54 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

I stopped modding for a while because of studying, but I always check for new modifications for Mafia. Good to see that "veteran" modders release new mods, and publish them on fan sites just like MS Wink

Regards, ROB13
comicsguy

103 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Quote:
The registration form isn't helping much getting new people to join MS, which I think is the main reason it seems so silent in here.

Need more tutorials like this
Nothing happens. No topics for discussion.

MatteoCapoletti, Date of end voting?
MatteoCapoletti

977 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Well I did make a MODDB site

It has to be approved....but it will be live at

http://www.moddb.com/mods/capoletti-family-legacy
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Opinion Sought Reply with quote

Man, don't give up! I can wait another couple of years, just finish the job. Do this for us Wink

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: